Seems fitting, this month of November, to start my blog with an attitude of gratitude. I want the foundation of my life, and this blog, to be love and thankfulness. Some practices which are helping me:
1. A daily practice of writing down three things for which I am grateful. I jot them down in my journal, numbering them as I go. Some days I see more than three, others I struggle for one. Perspective is a fickle friend. The harder I have to look clues me into how far I have strayed from my heart. At A Holy Experience, Ann Voskamp gives you prompts if you get stuck.
86. a day begun with rain
61. balloons filled with helium
62. eyelashes for fluttering butterfly kisses
2. Taking a daily picture has also helped me see the beauty of my life. Some prompts here if needed.
My name is sprinkles. An art piece begun.
Sunlight piercing through clouds. A backpack, oven-mitt wearing toddler.
3. Breathe. Taking the time to draw a breath helps me ground and remember what is most valuable. The present moment. I Rest here.